Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Smoked prelude...got ticket in process, DOH!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was cruising through town and this riced out, newer black prelude cuts me off and then starts revving at me at the stoplight. It started to rain and I didn't feel like racing so I let him take off and then something clicked...it was on! I was going like 25 and then decided to floor it. I could see him drop a gear when he saw me gaining on him but it was no use. I slowly passed him and jumped in front of him but then a truck jumped in front of me. Hit the brakes and started to hydroplane so I let off but was still doing 80+ but the ass end of that truck was getting close! I quickly jumped into the other lane to avoid a wreck. About 1/4 mile ahead I could see lights so I slowed to about 50 or 55 in the 45 mph zone because I kind of figured they were timing people from the bridge. I saw the timing lines on the road and checked my speedo to see that I was still doing between 50 and 55. Thinking I was still in the clear I continued up to where the cops were ahead. One of them jumped out into the road in front of me signaling me to stop and pull off to the side of the road. I did so and he came up to the window and said that another officer timed me doing 69.7 mph in a 45 mph zone. I was like, "no way?" I gave him my shit and waited. On the ticket it lists the equipment used as "acutrak". I can only assume that it's similar to VASCAR because it measures time over distance to give a speed reading. If anyone has info about this "acutrak" please inform me. I already searched the internet using most of the popular search engines and couldn't turn up anything. I even tried using different spellings of "acutrak". As with all of my previous tickets, I plead NOT GUILTY.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  2. #2
    Inactive Member The LS Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2000
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Acutrack is a glorified stopwatch.

    It was raining ?! Good way to claim they cant see start line / end line.

    Where the heck is Moon Twp ? Im in Montgomery County, PA.

    Listen to your Uncle LS Avenger kids, always always always fight your tickets. Youll usually get 5 mph over the limit, roll outta there for $100 or so. Heck you might even get a few bucks back.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waveoff:
    It started to rain and I didn't feel like racing so I let him take off and then something clicked...it was on! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    What clicked?...your JR fuel relay? biggrin Ha ha...

    Tom



    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B B18C1 powered and lovin' it!...RECENTLY TOTALLED BY A SOFTBALL-SIZED HAIL STORM! The JRSC'ed D16Z6 is gone and now lookin' at turbo kits ...
    '99 Goped (X-ped) Fully modified, 14.0:1 CR, 17k rpm, 32 mph!
    '97 Yamaha GP1200 currently being rebuilt after a rod through the block...lookin' at the new GP1200R...bought!
    '01 Yamaha GP1200R gettin' ready to heavily mod this bad boy!!!

    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member The LS Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2000
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Commonwealth of PA is blessed that only state police can use radar/laser. The local yokels must use pacing, stopwatch type techniques, etc.

    So in other words, I only need to bring out my Valentine One on the weekends biggrin

    ------------------
    total sleeper
    JRSC M62 @ 6psi, Kamikaze + 2.5" cat-back, J&S Classic, T.O.O catch can, etc.
    10 psi coming soon

  5. #5
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LS Avenger, Moon Twp. is right next to Pittsburgh Airport. I've gotten two tickets so far and this one makes three. This guy doesn't go down without a fight. However, the district justice here in town is a feminazi bitch. I appeared in front of her for one of my previous tickets here in town. While I was trying to tell my side of the story she interrupted me and said, "I don't have time for this...you're guilty." It's the good 'ol boys system here in my town. I went out and took pictures of the timing lines from the road and from where the cop was standing. It's very clear to see that an accurate reading is hard to get since the FUCKING LINES ARE DRAWN ON A DOWNHILL TURN. Simple geometry dictates that an accurate reading is impossible. I'm sure blind justice will prevail though. Listen to the Avenger and myself...FIGHT YOUR TICKETS. Don't give in to the fucking system and plead guilty. JG Luder, just keep in mind when you're visiting our lame state that you can get away with 5 mph over with radar and 10 mph over with VASCAR, VASCAR Plus, etc. The only place you really have to worry about radar are the interstates and some state routes.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JG Luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's retarded...

    What other type of speed detection devices do they have up there? I'm headed to PA this summer... I need to be educated before I get caught!!!

    ------------------
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

    Drive it like you stole it.
    If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

    http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/s...gen=4&orderby=

  7. #7
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's on the books...Section 3368. If the posted speed limit is less than 55 mph and you're clocked by a mechanical device (VASCAR, etc.) then you're allowed 10 mph leeway.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  8. #8
    Inactive Member The LS Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2000
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <quote> when you're visiting our lame state that you can get away with 5 mph over with radar and 10 mph over with VASCAR, VASCAR Plus, etc
    </quote>

    I heard about 5 mph for radar, but never heard about the 10 mph for VASCAR - is that on the books, or just something you've heard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •